Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trees: I'll take 1 please

This past weekend Cassie and I headed down to the Sprouffske farm to get our trees for our apartments. I was super excited to go out and cut mine down. I dressed in layers fearing the cold, considering I've been super cold lately it was a preventative matter.
We were greated with wonderful food and long lost friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. The Tree farm

Photobucket

is where Shelley of Estrogen Mailitia and Finian Road Fame now resides with her wonderful husband and soon to be born baby boy. Jonathon and his family (now Shelley too) own the farm and have been running it for more than 41 years.

Once we were ready to go and get our trees, we first took a walk to find the best tree. I found mine and was super excited. We made a marking along the path,

Photobucket

so that we would be able to find it and then made our way back to the house.

We were there for awhile, cooling off (it was super warm and I as even warmer with all my layers) and having some drinks. When we went back out to find my tree we looked all over. Up and down the lane, but couldn't find the marker...we though someone must have demolished it, but then we went over another row and found it! Then we went back into the trees to find my tree and discovered that my tree had been taken by someone else and I was out of luck.
Cassie and I were left to search some more. I found one fairly quickly


Photobucket


and got to work. I sawed


Photobucket


and sawed


Photobucket


and sawed some more .


Photobucket



I even had to take a little break.
Photobucket
Then, finally went, "TIMMMMMMBBBBER!"

Photobucket




I carried it back to my car,

Photobucket


but then couldn't figure out how I was going to take it to the place to get it baled and pay for it. It just so happened that Uncle Scott came up with his truck and took my tree for me. YEAH! Uncle Scott. I went up to pay for mine and Cassie was left on her own to find her "perfect" tree.

I came looking for her and she still hadn't decided on one. She had decided on a section. There were three or four I weighed in on. Once she decided, she started sawing and sawing,

Photobucket

but her muscles were only making a small dent,

Photobucket


so I offered to finish it for her, so I started sawing away and shortly after her tree went, "TIMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBER!" too.

We got hers bailed after she carried it up to the shop



Photobucket

and then headed home after super sweet pictures of us



Photobucket


and the Estrogen Militia were taken.


It was a long day, but I'm super excited to have my tree up and lights on it. Hopefully this week I'll get decorations on it.

No comments:

Blog Archive